In the Shop
now browsing by category
My daughter likes to keep track of appointments and whatnot on this magnetic calendar board. She regularly goes to a day program with the initials WP – Since I could not fit the whole name on this fridge magnet I 3d printed for her, I used the initials. She goes 9 or 10 times a month so I will print a handful of them when I perfect it, or at least reduce the hideousness factor.
This baby-poop brown was not the filament color I thought I had ordered, but it’s good for experiments. I will swap it back to white. The brown makes for an ugly, ugly, magnet. The magnet sheet glued to the back holds well anyway.
It should be a lot better when I use the white, make it round, and a little smaller and thinner. The letters have to protrude some so I can color them with a magic marker, as I don’t know how to make a two-tone print yet. Stay tuned!
My dad bought this model GE radio for my mom, I think for their anniversary? They were listening to it at the breakfast table, it woke me up so I got the treat of having a pre-dawn bacon and egg breakfast with my parents. This was much better than fighting over the Quisp or Cap’n Crunch when all the other Everett brats were up.
I think it was 1967 because they were playing “Ode to Billy Joe”, so I was 7. I don’t know when the radio made the transition from the kitchen nook to the garage, sadly I have inherited it (It was in the back of a closet and hardly plays, I guess dad didn’t have the heart to chuck it, sentimental reasons.)
They make a rebuild kit to make it play AM good as new, and a kit to make it function as a bluetooth speaker; but the handle is broken. I have no idea how a double stitched leather strap breaks right across the top, but this one did. There is also paint on the case but I could clean that off. They made this model for years so maybe I could find a good one for parts. Stay, uh, tuned.
I got a fresh bin model from Thingiverse, must be something wrong with my Cura settings, it wants to print a brick instead of a bin. Last time it looked like a Kit-kat bar.
My son has Cura on his laptop and it wants to print a ball of yarn. I think it’s because he lets the cat hang out in his room.
Maybe our Bibo 3D printer needs a firmware update? Worth trying I guess.
I was trying to 3D print a funky little bin, with those bars on the SIDE, but it kept printing layer after layer. I got tired of waiting for it to start in on the walls. The result was something you might find behind an old vending machine.
Here’s my first attempt to make stackable bins to fit in the vertical file cubbyholes that my dad built into this fine secretary desk.
You see I left the brim on so it won’t rattle around in there. Somehow my measurements didn’t translate to the actual file for printing. All of these cubbies are precisely 60mm wide, thanks to my dad’s usual attention to detail. So I can’t very well have crappy bins of various widths rattling around in there.
It would be nice to be able to stack them. So Version Two will be 60mm, without brim. It will have thick, uniform walls for stacking; and also much longer, might as well use the space available. Stay tuned!
I tried printing this replacement keyboard key that features a microphone, finally got a good consistency by turning the heat down a bit. However, the microphone was hard to see because it’s the same color/material as the body of the key.
So I hit the surface with my trusty magic marker, now the microphone really pops.
Still, it looks odd. I have ordered some black filament and plan to contrast that with red marker, or maybe white appliance scratch repair paint if it hasn’t dried up. Stay tuned!
I was puzzled by the odd “puddle” base and the bubbly texture when we printed this substitute keyboard key. Then, I realized that it reminds me of the time I cooked a grilled cheese sandwich too hot and wound up with a similar situation. [expander_maker more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]
UPDATE: I am new at this! The puddle base is called a “brim” and helps the object you are printing adhere to the glass for that crucial first layer. I printed one at 195 today and it turned out solid looking, unfortunately the microphone symbol on top of the key is hard to see. Perhaps I should print a “blank” key and then laser-engrave the top. [/expander_maker]
We just got a Bibo 3D printer/Laser Engraver, been trying to put it together; Ran into this poorly installed fan…
That was an easy fix, maybe the screw backed out in transit.
More concerning, we got it all put together, but it won’t power up. I took the cover off the power area (Probably frowned on). There was a wire running from the power switch to the power supply at A9, and it had broken off on the switch side. I was going to put a new connector on it and be good to go, but I would have to strip the wire a bit and it was already just too short. I think that’s why it had broken.
I could probably scrounge up a similar wire, but since it is a power supply component, I emailed Bibo and asked them for a replacement, slightly longer wire. Bibo is known for excellent customer service so I am fairly confident that they will follow up. If not, I can scrounge something up. Stay tuned!